Shipping / Receiving Supervisor
Steve Weiss Music, the nation’s leading percussion supplier, has an immediate opening for a member of our warehouse staff in Willow Grove, PA. The position is responsible for supervising and management duties for picking, packing, receiving and shipping employees and operations.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist with management-related duties such as recruiting, retaining, and ensuring the proper training of quality employees in a positive, professional manner.
- Ensure proper picking, packing, receiving, and shipping operations.
- Optimize shipping procedures to minimize cost while providing our customers a high level of service.
- Manages all warehouse departmental expenses related to maintaining a safe and productive work environment for the shipping department.
- Provide direction, coaching, and training for warehouse staff to complete daily workload.
- Some picking, packing, shipping, and other warehouse functions will be required as needed. This is a “hands-on” and “lead by example” position.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Previous warehouse, shipping and management experience required.
- Ability to manage small team based on high level management directives.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of personnel.
- Ability to lift and move heavy packages.
- Knowledge of percussion instruments is a plus.
- Basic knowledge of computers. Experience with Excel, Outlook, Order/Warehouse Management Systems, UPS Worldship, and Endicia Professional.
This full-time position includes competitive hourly rate and benefits. Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.