Barudin-So We Go Forward (SP)-X/2M/5T/P - Product Information
So We Go Forward by Jeffrey Barudin is a driving work for 9 percussionists that was inspired by a quote from Chukwuemeka ("Emeka") Odumegwu Ojukwu was one of the most important figures in the Nigerian/Biafran Civil War in the late 1960s. Describing his soldiers' position on the front lines, he said "If we go forward, we die. If we go backward, we die. So we go forward."
- Number of players: 9
- Difficulty: Intermediate/advanced
- Player 1: Xylophone, marimba (shared w/Player 3), shekere, bullroarer
- Player 2: Marimba (4 octave), bullroarer
- Player 3: Marimba (5 octave) (shared w/Player 1), shaker, bullroarer
- Player 4: 5 timpani, suspended cymbal, brush swish
- Player 5: Bongos, shell rattle, suspended cymbal, tam-tam
- Player 6: 3 congas, lion's roar
- Player 7: 3 toms, brush Swish, bird flappers, shaker
- Player 8: Impact drum, sleigh bells, suspended cymbal, cowbells, sandpaper blocks
- Player 9: Concert bass drum, China cymbal, log drum (2 pitches)
Videos and Sound Clips
No multimedia for this product.