Black Swamp Mercury Series Snare Drum - Maple SoundArt 14x4 - Product Information
The Mercury 14x4 features a 7 ply maple shell that delivers the characteristics that concert and orchestral percussionist desire. The bearing edges are shaped to enhance the natural qualities of the maple such as warmth and clarity.
- SoundArt Trio Snare system - three contrasting snare units, each individually adjustable but engaged simultaneously to produce a wider dynamic range with exceptional sensitivity.
- Natural, Concert Black or Cherry Rosewood Finish
- Die-cast Hoops, Arch Lugs, Stainless Steel Tension Rods
The Black Swamp Percussion Mercury Series Snare drums feature superior articulation and clarity. This design has made them very popular among those on the audition circuit. Versatility is another key to this series. The Mercury snare drum has a wide spread of tonal possibilities making it a go-to snare drum for professionals everywhere. BSP has crafted a drum that is bound to serve throughout a performers career.
The SoundArt strainer features three contrasting snare units, each individually adjustable but engaged simultaneously to produce a wider dynamic range with exceptional sensitivity. This no-muss, no-fuss approach of the SoundArt Series strainer allows players to quickly establish a distinct orchestral sound that will easily be maintained for the life of the drum. The three snares include the 8 strand blue cable, 6 strand stainless steel cable unit and the 5 strand wire wound unit.
- Blue Coated Cable
- Responds best at medium to loud dynamic ranges. The dry character provides both articulation and volume.
- Stainless Steel Cable
- Responds best at soft to medium dynamic ranges. The bright, wet character balances the drum’s overall volume.
- Wire Wound
- Responds best in the softer dynamic ranges. The crisp, bright character provides the greatest sensitivity and response.
Videos and Sound Clips
No multimedia for this product.