Pearl Custom Marching Snare Drum
Used by top DCI corps these marching snare drums feature a combination of 6 plies of 100% maple free-floating in an ultra-lightweight aircraft aluminum frame. Also available in the Pearl Carbon Core Shell.
- Free floating lugs, mounting bracket, and strainer for unfettered resonance and projection.
- 100% maple shell provides strength, projection, and richness of sound.
- Aluminum alloy edge ring and rims designed to withstand super high tension.
- 6 acoustically located air vents that enhance volume, snare sensitivity, and relieve drum pressure, resulting in supreme stick response.
- Available in 13″×11″ and 14″×12″ models, ranging from 14 lbs. to 16.9 lbs., making them perfect for all ages and sizes.
- 3 year warranty on the shells and hardware.
The Championship Maple Snare shell’s natural balance of mid to high frequencies brings the FFX the voice that set the industry standard and changed the face of corps competition. Pearl’s Superior Shell Technology is used to make a 6 ply, free floating shell out of maple, the drum industry’s premium for dynamic range, sensitivity, and unsurpassed projection. Because of the maple shell’s strength and reliability, your corps or band can compete in all climate conditions.
The FFX Aluminum Frame supports an aluminum alloy edge ring, providing you with a top bearing edge that can take all of the pressure necessary for today’s high tension heads. 2 ply reinforcement rings and a 45 degree bottom bearing edge provide shell stability and shape integrity while focusing the drum’s maximum sensitivity and volume.
Pearl’s Superior Shell Technology utilizes a proprietary technique for achieving the ultimate air chamber. It begins with select woods chosen for their unique acoustic attributes, milled to precise thickness with overlapping scarf joint seams, for a perfect air-tight fit. The wood plies are saturated with Pearl’s proprietary “AcoustiGlue” that permeates every pore and dries to the exact consistency of the wood for optimum resonance. Finally, the plies are formed in high-temperature molds with 1000 PSI of hydraulic pressure to produce perfect drum shells that exhibit superior tone, optimal resonance and extreme strength.
Please contact our Sales Team for availability and lead time of custom finishes.
Pearl marching drum hardware comes standard in Polished Aluminum and is also available in Chrome Plating.