Pearl Custom Marching Tenor Set
Pearl PMTM Championship Tenors feature a 6 ply, 100% maple shell designed in conjunction with today’s best Drum & Bugle Corps. High strength 6mm case-hardened tension bolts anchor 2.3 Steel SuperHoop II rims, which combined with light weight aluminum lug casings allow for aggressive, yet precise tuning. All setups include 40mm aluminum spacers for optimum playability.
- 6 ply 100% maple shell provides strength and richness of sound.
- Extra deep shells with sonic cut maximize resonance and increase focus and projection.
- Rounded bearing edges allow for enhanced head-to-shell contact, which eliminates unwanted overtones for improved clarity.
- 2.3mm SuperHoop II rims offer increased strength and durability.
- Redesigned aluminum alloy tension casings combine sleek appearances with significantly reduced weight and increased durability.
- 8 tension casings on the 12″ and 13″ drums—versus the typical 6—improve tuning accuracy through a more even dispersion of tension.
- 6mm case hardened tension bolts provide durability and reliability even at high tension.
- 40mm tom spacers allow for “close-in” positioning for better ergonomics and weight distribution.
- 3 year warranty on shells and hardware.
Championship Maple Tenor Shells have a natural balance of mid to high frequencies that set the industry standard and changed the face of corps competition. Pearl’s Superior Shell Technology is used to make a 6 ply shell out of maple, the drum industry’s premium for dynamic range, sensitivity, and unsurpassed projection.
These six plies are then enhanced with 2 ply support rings to add tremendous shell stability and shape integrity. Fully rounded bearing edges provide full head to shell contact, increase kinetic energy transfer to the shell, and create maximum shell resonance. In addition, Pearl’s tenors are scientifically proportioned from diameter to depth, allowing optimum shell vibration. All of these details create Pearl’s extraordinary tenor sound.
Pearl’s Superior Shell Technology utilizes a proprietary technique for achieving the ultimate air chamber. It begins with select woods chosen for their unique acoustic attributes, milled to precise thickness with overlapping scarf joint seams, for a perfect air-tight fit. The wood plies are saturated with Pearl’s proprietary “AcoustiGlue” that permeates every pore and dries to the exact consistency of the wood for optimum resonance. Finally, the plies are formed in high-temperature molds with 1000 PSI of hydraulic pressure to produce perfect drum shells that exhibit superior tone, optimal resonance and extreme strength.
Quad: 8″, 10″, 12″, 13″
Quad: 10″, 12″, 13″, 14″
Quint: 6″, 8″, 10″, 12″, 13″
Quint: 6″, 10″, 12″, 13″, 14″
Sextet: 6″, 6″, 8″, 10″, 12″, 13″
Sextet: 6″, 6″, 10″, 12″, 13″, 14″
Sextet: 6″, 8″, 10″, 12″, 13″, 14″
Please contact our Sales Team for availability and lead time of custom finishes.
Pearl marching drum hardware comes standard in Polished Aluminum and is also available in Chrome Plating
Complete Your Setup
Want more info?
Looking for more information or ready to start building your custom marching drum? Give us a call at 1-888-659-3477 or use the form below to contact us.