Venet-White Ranger (SP)-Solo V/B/C/3Tuned gongs/P - Product Information
White Ranger (2019) was written for the first commissioning cycle of The Green Vibes Project, started by Chase and Christine Banks in 2018. The Green Vibes Project inspires environmental awareness, discussion, education, and community through the performance and commissioning of new music.
The piece is written for solo vibraphone and percussion quartet. The percussion parts are scored for recycled materials which include glass bottles, scrap metal, brake drums, trash cans, an empty beer keg, and a brand new instrument I have created for this piece named the 'Lagerine'. Finding sounds and assembling the necessary instrumentation should provide a creative and fun project for performers.
- Number of players: 5
- Difficulty: Advanced
- Player 1: Vibraphone, empty beer keg, brake drum
- Player 2: 3 pitched Thai or DREAM Mbao gongs (C3, Eb4, Bb4), chimes, 2 metal cooking pan/metal mixing bowls, 16" suspended cymbal, splash cymbal, small lagerine
- Player 3: 4 tin cans, glockenspiel, small bright lagerine , large plastic tub or metal trash can
- Player 4: 4 glass bottles, 2 singing bowls (G4, A4) or 2 gongs (G3, A3), large Lagerine, 3 triangles, glass wind chimes, 2 semi-resonant metals, sizzle cymbal
- Player 4: large surdo drum, 2 brake drums, 1 sound plate, wind gong, tam-tam, medium lagerine, low octave crotales