Roland SPD-30 Octapad Digital Percussion Pad - White - Product Information
The Roland SPD-30 Octapad combines cutting-edge drum and percussion sounds with the latest triggering technology, a Phrase Loop function, USB MIDI, and much more. The Roland Octapad SPD-30 is a rugged instrument that's versatile for any musical application.
- Includes new percussion sounds from around the world, plus 30 types of multi-effects
- The latest pad-sensing technology developed for V-Drums provides even and accurate pad triggering with excellent isolation between pads
- Four dual-trigger inputs, plus hi-hat controller for adding pads to create a mini kit, or for connecting triggers from acoustic drums
- Phrase Loop function inspires your creativity; record your playing in real time and overdub up to three layers
- USB connectivity for MIDI and memory storage
- Large backlit LCD and pad indicator lights for easy operation in low-light conditions
- Rugged, road-worthy design
World Class Sounds
The Octapad SPD-30 includes more than 600 drum and percussion sounds from around the world suited to cover any musical style. Arranged in 99 kits, the sounds are dynamic and expressive, and range from traditional to contemporary to exotic. You can customize the sounds with the onboard controls for tuning, muffling, attack, pitch sweep, and more. You can also layer two sounds per pad to create an infinite number of sound combinations.
Based on Roland's world-leading effects technology, the SPD-30's multi-effects engine will take your performances to another level. There are 30 types of internal multi-effects onboard, plus EQ, limiter, and seven Ambience types.
Phrase Loop Function
The onboard Phrase Loop function is a powerful creative tool that lets you quickly record your playing in real time. You can overdub up to three layers per phrase, and store 50 phrases internally. Connect optional footswitches for seamless recording and hands-free operation. You can also save your phrase data to optional USB memory.
Advanced Triggering Technology
The Octapad SPD-30 benefits from Roland's most advanced V-Drum triggering technology. Each pad is a separate, isolated unit, providing the ultimate in sensitivity with complete crosstalk rejection. In addition, you can connect four dual-trigger inputs, plus a hi-hat controller (compatible with Roland FD-8, VH-11) to create a mini drum set with external pads (Roland KD-/PD-/PDX-/CY-series). The Octapad SPD-30 is also compatible with Roland RT-Series acoustic drum triggers for even more flexibility.
- Pads - Built-in Pads: 8 plus Four external trigger inputs
- Instruments - 670
- Kits - 99
- Kit Chain - 8 chains (20 steps per chain)
- Instrument Parameters - Tuning, Muffling, Soft Attack, Tone Color, Pitch Sweep, Volume, Pan, Reverse
- Effect Types - Ambience (7 Types), Equalizer, Limiter, Multi Effect (30 Types) Phrase Loop
- Display - 160 x 160 dots Graphic Type LCD (Backlit LCD) Pad Status Illumination x 8 (LED)
- Connectors -
- PHONES Jack (Stereo 1/4 inch phone type)
- OUTPUT Jacks - (L (MONO), R) (1/4 inch phone type)
- MIX IN Jack - (Stereo 1/4 inch phone type)
- 4 EXTERNAL TRIGGER INPUT Jacks
- HH CTRL Jack
- FOOT SW Jack - (1/4 inch TRS phone type)
- MIDI Connectors - IN and OUT
- USB MEMORY Connector (for USB Memory)
- USB MIDI Connector (for USB MIDI)
Videos and Sound Clips
Roland Overview - OCTAPAD SPD-30 Version 2This is an overview video of the Roland OCTAPAD SPD-30 Version 2 with a lot of upgrade functions based on the previous version. It also shows main features in a minute effectively by English narration. The updater can be download at free from the...
OCTAPAD SPD-30 Overviewhttp://www.roland.com/products/en/SPD-30/ Rolands original Octapad profoundly changed the landscape of electronic percussion. The size of a briefcase, the Octapad offered drummers and percussionists the equivalent of an entire electronic rig in...