Pearl Custom Marching Bass Drum
Pearl PDBM Championship bass drums use 6 ply, 100% maple shells to provide maximum resonance and sub-frequency projection. Extra wide claws secure 2″ wide 6 ply maple hoops for evenly dispersed pressure that allows consistent tuning. Lightweight, one-piece high strength aluminum castings and 6mm case-hardened tension bolts provide strength and durability.
- 6 ply 100% maple shell provides strength and richness of sound.
- Angle cut bearing edges enhance resonance and tone.
- Aluminum alloy tension casings reduce weight while offering the strength to withstand high-tension tuning.
- 2″ wide, 6 ply 100% maple hoops allow for even tension around the head.
- Oversized, triple reinforced claws can easily withstand high tension.
- 6 acoustically placed air vents allow quick exit for increased response and projection.
- 6mm case hardened tension bolts provide durability and reliability even at high tension.
- 3 year warranty on shells and hardware.
Championship Maple Bass Shells project the low frequencies that drive your corps. Pearl’s Superior Shell Technology is used to make a 6 ply shell out of maple, the drum industry’s premium for dynamic range, sensitivity, and unsurpassed projection. Maple shells provide exceptional strength and stability under all climate conditions, adding dependability to your competitive edge. Pearl’s 45 degree bearing edge maximizes the volume of these thunderous air chambers. To compliment these shells, 2″ wide, 6 ply, high gloss black maple hoops are secured by extra wide claws to provide evenly dispersed grip and consistent tuning.
Pearl’s Superior Shell Technology utilizes a proprietary technique for achieving the ultimate air chamber. It begins with select woods chosen for their unique acoustic attributes, milled to precise thickness with overlapping scarf joint seams, for a perfect air-tight fit. The wood plies are saturated with Pearl’s proprietary “AcoustiGlue” that permeates every pore and dries to the exact consistency of the wood for optimum resonance. Finally, the plies are formed in high-temperature molds with 1000 PSI of hydraulic pressure to produce perfect drum shells that exhibit superior tone, optimal resonance and extreme strength.
Please contact our Sales Team for availability and lead time of custom finishes.
Pearl marching drum hardware comes standard in Polished Aluminum and is also available in Chrome Plating.