Iron Cobra 900 Rolling Glide Single Bass Drum Pedal - Product Information
The Tama Iron Cobra 900 Rolling Glide Single Pedal was created based on three key principles: Smoothness, Stability, and Adjustability. Smooth action eliminates player stress and facilitates acceleration; stability assures consistent, reliable, pedal performance and durability; and adjustability enables a drummer to adjust the pedal's many features according to their personal playing characteristics and preferences. The Iron Cobra has continued to evolve under these guiding principles for the past 20 years, and remains one of the most celebrated and esteemed bass drum pedals today.
- Cobra Coil
- Until now, the only way to adjust your beater stroke action was to tighten the pedal spring. The unfortunate result? Heavy, sluggish action. The Cobra Coil solves the problem by adding a steel return spring. The return spring constantly presses the footboard to its original position, tightening the relationship between foot and pedal. Even better, the Cobra Coil is adjustable to different positions on the Iron Cobra footboard base plate.
- Rolling Glide Cam
- The Power Glide features a double-chained true round cam delivering a lighter yet more controllable feel.
- TAMA eliminated another source of friction by replacing the traditional nylon rocker cam with the Speedo-Ring, a rocker cam with a high-quality built-in ball bearing rocker. The Quick-Hook not only allows for easy setup and tear-down but also streamlines the pedal, allowing quick stowaway in the hard case without removing the beater.
- Power Strike Cobra Beater
- The Iron Cobra beater features a smaller diameter but thicker beater head. A combination that delivers more attack than previous designs. Also the distance between the beater head's face and the shaft has been increased. Drummers found this alteration improved their sense of control during faster passages. In addition, it's easy to obtain different bass drum sounds simply by changing the beater head.
- Para Clamp II
- Para-Clamp keeps your pedal flat on the floor no matter what your bass drum angle. The Para-Clamp is tightened from the side so you never have to insert your finger under the footboard. A three-dimensional rubber grip allows for increased holding power and the possibility of scratching the hoop is eliminated. Iron Cobra will fit just about any bass drum in the
- Included Hard Case
- You know what pedals go through night after night. After being stomped on over and over, they get thrown in bags and road cases where there's more hard rock and roll than in the gig itself. That's why a precision instrument, like our Iron Cobra 900 Series, comes with a specially designed protective carrying case.